New York State Educational Technology K-12 Initial Certificate Effective Date: Sept. 1, 2013
New York State English Language Arts 7-12 Initial Certificate Sept. 1, 2011 - Present
Dominican College August 2011 – Jan. 2013
Master of Science in Educational Technology
State University of New York at Cortland August 2007 – May 2011
Bachelor of Arts in English
Adolescence Education (7-12)
Magna Cum Laude
Proficient in MS Office Suite, Google Apps, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, Flash, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, SMART, Final Cut, iMovie, CyberLink PowerDirector, Audacity, Turning Point, Castle Learning, Edgenuity, Weebly, Schoolwires, Infinite Campus, Prezi, FirstClass, and Mobile Devices and Educational Apps.
WORK EXPERIENCE Technology Teacher
Rochambeau Alternative High School, White Plains, NY Aug. 2013 - Present
-Teach one section of Computer Technology and two sections of Desktop Publishing classes to 9th -12th grade students.
-Develop and implement curriculum for newly introduced Computer Technology II class and Desktop Publishing classes.
-Collaborate with Business Education Teachers and Library Media Specialists in the school district to prepare lessons and projects in line with the Common Core Standards.
-Prepare students for college and future careers with lessons in resume writing, MS Office suite, netiquette, media literacy, business and computer science, and various Web 2.0 tools and technology programs.
-Provide professional development for teachers, social workers, and counselors during afterschool staff development meetings.
-Manage the Rochambeau Alternative High School website: Publish new pictures, announcements, letters, and events.
MS/HS Technology Teaching Assistant
Public Schools of the Tarrytowns, Tarrytown, NY Aug. 2012 – Jun. 2013
- Assist teachers in the integration of technology into their lesson plans.
- Teach mini lessons on Google Drive, iMovie, Turnitin, Castle Learning, Microsoft Word, etc.
- Provide tech support for teachers and administrators and organize virtual learning classes.
- Publish the Quarterly Newsletter: Tales of the Hollow.
Audio Visual Specialist
Public Schools of the Tarrytowns, Tarrytown, NY Sept. 2012 – Jun. 2013
- Set up the technology for all events in the Middle School and High School building.
- Provide tech support for in-school and after school events.
Prime Time For Kids Upper School, New City, NY Apr. 2, 2012 – Aug. 2012
Private school program offered through ARC of Rockland for students with Autism.
- Served as an ABA trained teaching assistant in a classroom of students with Autism between the ages of 14-16.
- Assisted the Head Classroom Teacher in individualized lessons and activities.
- Documented and graphed all ABA materials for an individual student.